Monday, April 18, 2005

Casa rural, photos, and scripting errors, oh my!

Categories: , ,

Hola,

Last week I wrote a nice long post, and when I went to post it, something glitched and it got deleted. I have no idea what all I had written, but here's a synopsis of what's been going on lately:

  • Our friend Rich visited for a week, and we went out A LOT (a good thing, except for me being the only one who had to get up the next morning!).

  • We visited Barcelona two weekends ago (with Rich), which was beautiful but quite crowded with tourists (like us, but in our way).

  • I finally posted my photos at Yahoo Photos. There is a TON there, but I tried to organize them into folders.

  • My internship is going well, and I feel semi-competent with Spanish!

  • Perhaps most exciting, I have a job interview scheduled for when I get back to the States!


This weekend, Tom's parents flew in to Bilbao and we rented a casa rural near Extelar. The town is a beautiful, quaint Basque village about 45 minutes north of Pamplona. The house was about 6km up up up some rather rough roads, and we were renting a 3 bedroom section of the house. It's an old, gorgeous house on a pony farm! It rained most of the time, but we had a fire going and we made pizzas, so all was very well. We took a little trip into France (which is about 7-8km from Extelar, along a very windy road), and visited Sare (a beautiful, quaint French Basque village) and St. Jean du Luc (which we've seen before...it's along the beach). We're back in Pamplona now, and Tom's folks are here till Thursday. Who knows what we'll be up to...

I can't beleive that next week we'll be moving out of our apartment and heading off to Andalucía! We'll be there for about 4-5 days, then we fly out of Madrid in about 2 weeks. Now that the language barrier is less a problem, I'm ready to stay longer...Spain's a lot more fun when you're not in a constant state of frustration!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home