Monday, April 04, 2005

lunes, the big game!

Categories: ,

An exercise in frustration: trying to find a computer where I can use a damn CD-ROM. You wouldn't think it would be so complicated, but, as the mantra goes, this is Spain, so all things will be more complicated than they should be. I have a ton of photos I've been wanting to upload for a while, but I still haven't found the means to transfer them from my laptop (which has no internet access) to a computer with internet. Grr.

UNC won the semi-final game on Saturday, whee! That helps to make up for my Spanish frustrations. Tonight, they'll play (and beat, of course) Illinois in the final game. I will be checking online first thing in the morning, as it's my only source of information! Vicarious fandom is difficult.

I'm back to class in 10 minutes. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I've had a class, between my trip to England and the never-ending Semana Santa holiday. I have no idea what's going on with the class. Actually, I tried to go an hour early and it took me 20 minutes to figure out why no one was there yet. Duh.

We'd been worried that the Pope's death might cause a national (or university) holiday--a day of mourning or something, but so far, I haven't seen anything. Of course, the way I'll learn of it is by trying to do something or go somewhere and to fail. No advance notice needed.

Our friend Rich is here visiting us this week. We just might go to Barcelona this weekend. Wa-hoo!

Vale, me voy a clase. ¡Hasta luego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home